For first six months the only source of immunity for the baby is mother’s breast milk. First 48 hours after delivery of baby, mothers body starts producing a special milk, a thick, sticky yellowish milk, called colostrums, is anti-body rich and exactly what our baby needs for the first 2-3 days of life. Once solid food is introduced, breastfeeding should continue for a minimum of the first 12 months of life and, thereafter as long as is mutually beneficial to Mother and baby. This will give a very good foundation for baby’s health in terms immunity.
Here are some Natural immunity boosters.
- Drinking plenty of water maintains hydration level and flushes out all impurities from the body.
- Let your child get plenty of rest. Sleeping is the best way to increase ones power to fight deceases.
- Eating healthy food like fruits and vegetables is a boon and it increases immunity naturally.
- Promote your child’s natural resistance to illness.
- Extract from black thulsi leaves along with Honey increases the immunity power.
- Drinking water boiled with Durva(Sanskrit, also called as Garike hullu in Kannada)has a very good result.
- Morning sunlight builds immune system. Sunlight before 10:00 AM and after 4:00 PM (not over-exposure).
The below ones are immunity boosters for kids of age above three. Dosage should depend on age.
- The dried and powdered root of Ashwagandha is an efficient immunity booster.
- Lemon Intake increases immunity.
- Drinking Grape juice regularly for 2 weeks gives good results.
- Drinking one table spoon of pineapple juice along with sugar syrup in milk gives good digestion power.
- Drinking one table spoon onion syrup along with half a table spoon honey regularly for 2 months on empty stomach increases immunity.
- A kashaya made up from the combination of ingredients like coriander seeds, oma water, jaggery ,turmeric , blackpepper, cumin seeds and ginger.
- Ayurvedic herbs like amla, aloe vera, thripala increase the immune power in the human body.
- Chyavanprash, an excellent rejuvenative, nourishes and strengthens the body, providing energy, and immunity booster and vitality
- brahmi(ondelaga in kannada), garike hullu(durva in Konkani) are also known to be good immunity boosters when consumed.
Before trying out any of the above immunity boosters, It is advised to consult the pediatrician, as they give the right solution when it comes to our little hearts.